”Create things that are bigger than YOU!”

So, I have been trying to find a slick way to introduce my website. I tried to formulate a spicy opening sentence that would have you glued to your electronic device, scrolling your thumb like mad, sucking in my witty comments, expressive metaphors and humorous anecdotes into your cerebrum; mass intellectual capacity at its finest. However, I couldn’t think of anything efficient. . .
You know when you’re excited about a project and you can’t contain yourself any longer, and it feels like any minute you are going to explode? Like when you’ve overindulged at a BBQ and as time passes you start to feel a bubbling sensation inside your stomach. Guilt kicks in: Why did I eat five burgers? As a result of your gluttony, Don Vito Corleone provides you with a squishy, mild example of his famous line ‘revenge is a dish best served cold’ inside your digestive system: soluble bullets begin spraying ferociously around the lining of your gut. The heavy load starts to transfer to lower areas of your body and the thought of the connection your derriere will have with your throne gives you nothing but joy! Not that I’ve experienced this before, but for argument’s sake let’s say I have and for fun lets compare this to my upcoming announcement.
I have been saying for a long time that I want a role as a travel writer; and finally I decided to take action. Let’s liken my ‘planting the seed/planning stage’ to when you arrive at the BBQ; you carefully develop a scoping plan, what route you’ll take around the table, and more importantly, identifying what foods you are going to devour?
Here comes the execution stage: you have to be direct with your actions and manage the task at hand productively. You dig into your food, lapping up everything, no crumbs in sight, mouth moving at express delivery speed, six chews per bite.
Few moments later . . . You start to feel heavy which means there is no time like the present to hit the throne to release the imbalanced bacteria from your body. Que the ‘Say hello to my lil friend’ action: robustious sprays down the toilet and just like that you feel light again. You wipe, wash your hands and leave the bathroom with your head held high, feeling three pounds lighter. I believe this is similar to my project closure. I feel light knowing all my hard work has finally paid off as I am now the LEAD CONTRIBUTOR and WRITER for KORVIA – The NUMBER ONE teaching recruitment agency in South Korea.
So if there’s anything I hope you’ve learnt from my attempt to analogise releasing your bowels to the stages of developing a project it’s the following:
Stop holding onto your ideas or delaying your dream – execute them and believe in yourself no matter how heavy the load maybe!

create-2437521_960_720 (1)

Shout out to Charlamagne the God!

18 Comments

1. Prexious
    October 1, 2017 / 7:35 am

Well-done

2. Shanade
    October 1, 2017 / 8:48 am

Congratulations Rachel. You’ve been inspiring me for years now and I am so proud of all you have accomplished in South Korea! Write more and more on your personal site so I can get more of these belly laughs girl. Lots of love, Shanade x

3. October 1, 2017 / 9:19 am

Rachel, love the website layout, very clean and professional. strange enough I’ve rad your previous blog posts but I never really knew how good you were at writing. We need to talk! your analogy for a BBQ will have people rolling in laughter, with blogs in my opinion you need to have some kind of understanding and likening to the writer. The BBQ analogy will hit everyone we have all been there haha. Your new role sounds great does make me want to hear more from you about this. what an accomplishment. Like I keep saying Work Hard Dream Big, I’m so pleased to hear more of what you have been dreaming, thinking and planning are starting to come to fruition. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I will every get the chance to experience South Korea…….(checks flights and hotels lol).

4. Georgina
    October 1, 2017 / 10:55 am

Very inspiring! Well done young lady 😘😘

5. Carmella
    October 1, 2017 / 11:25 am

As much 2my disgust at the fact that you explained in great detail excretion, words cannot simply convey how proud I am of your accomplishments you are a remarkable women Miss Pinnock. Well done and never stop setting the bar higher and higher, keep on smashing it out of the park❤

6. October 1, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Look forward to you sharing pics and details of your adventures!!

7. Justine
    October 2, 2017 / 11:11 am

I’ll happily read your blog.

8. Cy
    October 2, 2017 / 5:56 pm

Congrats and great job on the post. I’m sure we will see more in the near future??

9. Dave Williamson
    October 3, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Big things
    Well done young lady
    You have a great future ahead of you
    And I am sure you are going to have some
    Adventures

Enjoy!!!

10. Dannica White
    October 4, 2017 / 1:31 pm

So captivating and inspiring. A true role model. Cannot wait for the post to come, better still what is to come in the rest of this journey. Love you sis

11. Conor
    October 11, 2017 / 8:46 am

Yes mi fren💯 Continue doin ur ting. ❤️

12. Tanya
    October 12, 2017 / 1:24 am

I can’t wait to keep reading more Rachel! So proud of you xx

13. Ekene
    October 15, 2017 / 9:03 am

Wow! A great piece of work. Very captivating and inspiring.

14. October 15, 2017 / 2:04 pm

Hey girl so pround of you. You are so funny and your intelligence goes beyond. Nuff blessings always girl.

15. Phaidreams
    October 19, 2017 / 7:04 pm

You’ve come such a long way and I enjoyed reading the hilarious metaphors! Such a relatable post and congrats on the website and position 💕

16. Iris
    October 20, 2017 / 5:05 am

Rachel! Amazing!!! I really love your eagerness. You inspire me and bring an abundance of happiness in my life. I really expect your new posting. : ) ♥

17. Kayla Wilson
    November 7, 2017 / 9:01 am

Well Done babe, so proud of you and everything that you are achiving.